Activities in Parikia Paros
Parikia is the capital and main port of the Greek island of Paros. It's a charming town with a mix of traditional Cycladic architecture and modern amenities. Here are some things to do in Parikia:
- Visit the Panagia Ekatontapiliani (Church of 100 doors): This Byzantine-era church is one of the oldest and most important in Greece. It's a beautiful and peaceful place to visit, with an interesting history.
- Explore the Parikia Old Town: Wander through the narrow streets of the old town, admiring the white-washed houses and blue-domed churches. There are many shops, cafes, and restaurants to explore along the way.
- Walk along the waterfront: Take a leisurely stroll along the port, watching the boats come and go. There are many cafes and restaurants with outdoor seating where you can enjoy the view.
- Visit the Archaeological Museum of Paros: This small museum has a collection of artifacts from Paros and the neighboring islands, including ancient pottery, sculptures, and mosaics.
- Swim at Livadia Beach: This long, sandy beach is just a short walk from the town center. It's a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- Take a day trip to Antiparos: The small island of Antiparos is just a short ferry ride from Parikia. It's a beautiful and peaceful place to spend a day, with secluded beaches, caves, and a charming town center.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Parikia has a lively nightlife scene, with many bars and clubs staying open late into the night.